Light up your Silverlight skills with the all-new Global Silverlight Firestarter!
What is the Silverlight Firestarter?
– An Event: A one day, global, live streamed and on demand event keynoted by Scott Guthrie
– Training: New self-paced labs and walk through videos
– Interactive: Got questions? Get your answers! Watch live and ask the Silverlight product team questions during the event.
– Why Silverlight? Silverlight is Microsoft’s strategic development platform for building interactive applications across desktop, phone, and the browser.
Something for Everyone
– Just starting out with Silverlight? Watch our On-Ramp sessions and work on hands on labs to get you started.
– Already Building business applications? Watch the event live and learn how to create compelling business applications with Silverlight.
– Got questions? Engage with the Silverlight product team live or in person with our interactive chat.
December 2, 2010 8am to 5pm PT
Register Online, Now!
Nothing! This is a free event
After the live event keep fuelling the fire!
Dive deeper with additional hands on labs and videos that build on the live session content, accelerating you ahead of the crowd.
– Watch the entire event on demand!
– Plus, new self-paced labs and walk through videos
– On Ramp Labs (100 level)
- Hands on labs specifically focused on helping new developers get up to speed quickly on Silverlight
- Do you know WinForms? HTML? ASP.NET? Want to learn Silverlight? We have a lab for you!
– Building Better Business Apps (200-300 level)
- Hands on labs focused on taking advantage of Silverlight to build real world business applications
- Apply Data Strategies, Patterns, Out of Browser, RIA Services, and much more using Silverlight
– Turnabout is fair play! Watch a video of our experts doing the labs themselves.
F I R E S T A R T E R L I V E A G E N D A
|8:00 am||Silverlight Firestarter Keynote||Scott Guthrie|
|9:00 am||Masterful Data Strategies with Silverlight and WP7||Jesse Liberty|
|10:00 am||15 minute break|
|10:15 am||Roll Out Your Business Apps Today with RIA Services||Pete Brown|
|11:15 am||MVVM: Why and How? Tips and Patterns using MVVM and Service Patterns||John Papa|
|12:15 pm||Lunch break|
|1:00 pm||Silverlight Today and Tomorrow (Special Guest Panel)||Panel|
|1:30 pm||Building Real World Silverlight Apps||Tim Heuer|
|2:30 pm||15 minute break|
|2:45 pm||Tune Your Application: Profiling and Performance Tips||Mike Cook & Jossef Goldberg|
|3:45 pm||Killer Performance Tips for Silverlight Windows Phone 7||Jaime Rodriguez|
|5:00 pm||After Party!|
*** Sessions are subject to change
Spread the Word!
– Blog and tweet to spread the word about the Firestarter!
– Ask people to add the Twitter hash tag #slfs10 to their tweets
– Use the banners and blog bling (attached)
Got questions? Ask email@example.com